Black Ops Pass Owners Gain Immediate Access to Two New Multiplayer Maps and an Exclusive Blackout Character, with a New Zombies Experience Coming in March
Additionally, the Zombies Experience Classified, Previously Only Available as Part of the Black Ops Pass, Available Now to Purchase as Standalone Map
SANTA MONICA, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Feb. 19, 2019– Strike it big in the Grand Heist! The newest seasonal event and community celebration for Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4is available now on PlayStation®4, with other platforms to follow. Titled Operation Grand Heist, the all-new season of content features updates across the game, including a new Specialist, two brand-new Multiplayer maps, new playable destinations across the Blackout map, as well as a wide variety of personalization items, accessories, new vehicles, new game modes and much more.
“With Operation Grand Heist, the team has packed in an incredible amount of new content, and we can’t wait for fans to jump in and check it out,” said Dan Bunting, Co-Studio Head, Treyarch. “We love the 1970s-style heist theme of this Operation, and the fast-paced action that it brings to Blackout and Multiplayer, along with the brand-new Zombies experience following in March.”
“One of our favorite things at the studio is creating new ways for the community to play,” said Mark Gordon, Co-Studio Head, Treyarch. “We set out since day one to support Black Ops 4 long after launch, so we’re delivering a ton of new ways for players to engage with each mode of the game and we’re committed to giving fans new reasons to keep coming back week in and week out.”
Operation Grand Heist’s free, new content includes:
- New Specialist – Available in Multiplayer and Blackout, Outrider makes her Black Ops 4 debut, allowing players to silently take out enemies with explosive precision with her longbow, the Sparrow.
- New Blackout Location and Updates – Drop into the roughest, toughest, and wildest new Blackout location, Ghost Town, which features two areas. Inspired by Standoff, an intense classic multiplayer map from Black Ops II, the above ground destination provides flanking routes that call for strategic positioning with long and medium ranged combat. Below ground, fans can also explore underlying caverns inspired by the classic Zombies map Buried, where they’ll find heavy duty gear amongst hordes of the undead. Additionally, Operation Grand Heist introduces a new Blackout mode called Hot Pursuit, launching on February 22 on PlayStation 4 and other platforms to follow. Hot Pursuit is fast-paced and frenetic, and debuts three new vehicles – SUV, muscle car and PBR assault boat, all in special variants themed to Operation Grand Heist – as squads race to supply drops placed around the map containing high-level armor, weapons, and grenades to dominate their opponents.
- New Black Market Gear – The Black Market has been restocked with new weapon camos, outfits, gestures, and accessories themed for Operation Grand Heist. This includes notable weapons like the Rampage Auto Shotgun, Switchblade X9 SMG, and the Home Wrecker demolition hammer, all unlockable through the Contraband Tiers as fans play through the game. A new long-range weapon called the Vendetta Sniper Rifle is also coming later in the season.
- New Zombies Features – Operation Grand Heist delivers new features to the Zombies mode including a new round-based Gauntlet challenge mode for the Classified map, along with a brand-new perk addition called the Ethereal Razor that substantially increases a player’s melee damage with the area of effect and life re-gen for each hit.
In addition to the free content, Black Ops Pass owners gain access to even more in-game content, available first on PlayStation®4:
- New Multiplayer Map, Casino – A medium-sized map set in a luxurious casino in Monaco where elite thieves formed an elaborate plan to steal the winning racecars on display. Casino features high-intensity combat as players weave through buzzing slot-machines and topple across gambling tables. This wide-open space allows for long-range to mid-range combat with little protection from enemies.
- New Multiplayer Map, Lockup – A medium-sized map set in a Los Angeles police station, Lockup was the site of an assault to destroy evidence that led to the headquarters of an organized crime syndicate. Fans can dominate the rooftop positions, bail out when cornered and tactically shut down areas with operational doors to gain the upper hand on their opponents.
- New Blackout Character, Cosmic Silverback– Black Ops Pass owners will unlock this deadly Zombie silverback gorilla, an iconic fan-favorite boss originally from the Dead Ops Arcade from Call of Duty: Black Ops.
Ancient Evil, an all-new zombies experience, will also launch in March for Black Ops Pass owners, with details being revealed soon.
The Black Ops Pass* is included in the Digital Deluxe Edition, the Digital Deluxe Enhanced Edition, the Pro Edition, and the Mystery Box Edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, and can also be purchased standalone digitally or at participating retailers.
Additionally, the Zombies experience Classified, previously only available as part of the Black Ops Pass, is available now for all players to purchase as a standalone map. Classified features the “Ultimis” cast of characters in a chilling, survival experience as they fight the undead and investigate The Pentagon after mysteriously being teleported there.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is published by Activision and developed by Treyarch with additional development support from Raven Software and PC development with Beenox. For the latest intel check out: www.callofduty.com, www.youtube.com/callofduty and follow @CallofDuty and @Treyarch on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. The game is rated M for Mature (Blood and Gore, Drug Reference, Intense Violence, Strong Language).