Name: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles™: Out of the Shadows
Publisher: Activision Publishing
Developer: Red Fly Studio
Platform: Xbox LIVE® Arcade, PlayStation®Network & Windows-PC
Players: 1-4 players: Story Mode (1-4 players online, 1-2 players local), Challenge Mode (single player), Arcade Mode (1-4 players local)
ESRB Rating: T for Teen
Release Date: XBLA & Steam – August 28, 2013; PSN – September 24, 2013
ADG is taking to the streets with the turtles with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out Of The Shadows. Inspired by the wildly Nickelodeon franchise this downloadable game packs a very big punch or should I say ninja kick. You control the stars Leornardo, Donatello, Michelangelo, Raphael, and even April O’ Neil during a brief segment in the game. This third-person action brawler is built mostly for cooperative gameplay online and offline. You can play in normal modes cooperatively or arcade modes which are more like classic TMNT games.
Despite this adventure being not only the first of Nickelodeon TMNT‘s gaming adventure with the upcoming original fully Nickelodeon TMNT on the horizon this game should still be under your consideration and here’s why. The game is very action packed and satisfying. There are tons of great cinematic lines in the game itself. In fact, I found myself enjoying the gameplay cinematics and commentary more than the comic style scenes that detail parts of the storyline. There’s ton’s of replay with numerous unlocks that include more arcade stages, concept art, combos, perks and more.
- Fast and Fluid Combat: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows is accessible to newcomers but built to engage skilled players, rewarding high-chaining combo attacks and expertly-timed counterattacks. Experience earned from the battlefield can unlock special combat abilities and weapon upgrades unique to each character, opening up new and varied ways to unleash torment on your foes, from hordes of vicious minions to the epic boss battles.
- Original Storytelling: Each chapter tells an original tale complete with unique environments and enemies, plot-driven cutscenes, in-game banter, and appearances from fan-favorite heroes and villains, all building toward a climactic finale. In between, players can relax at Turtle HQ, train with Master Splinter, upgrade their arsenal, or jump into retro-style games in Arcade mode.
- Turtle Power: No Turtle is an island – you’ll need to work as a team to survive the challenges lurking in the darkness. Perform special synchronized maneuvers with your allies, swap between Turtles on-the-fly to take advantage of each one’s distinct combat style and abilities, or call a friend into the fray at any time with drop-in/drop-out co-op.
A Turtle-Rific Gaming Time
PLAY IT! 7.6/10
- ADG Plays TMNT: Out Of The Shadows For The First Time
- ADG Plays – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out Of The Shadows #2
- Just Blaze Representing That TMNT: Out Of The Shadows
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out Of The Shadows With A New Michelangelo Trailer