Publisher: Activision Publishing Inc.
Developer: Magic Pockets
Platform: Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3DS
Players: 1-4 Players (Locally Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii Only)
ESRB: E10+ (Everyone 10+)
Release Date: October 22, 2013
Pricing: $39.99 Xbox 360, $29.99 Wii/3DS
The story is very simple. Shredder has emerged from the darkness and is conspiring with Krang once again to take over Manhattan. Nothing new here except Shredder’s and Krang’s plan of attack.
The songs are there. I loved when I loaded the game up for the first time hearing the theme song. The characters and even certain locations are there like the turtle’s hideout. The bad thing about this game is the presentation doesn’t live up to what is being shown to the gamer on the screen. Various lines are repeated in this game and some of them aren’t even that great when you hear them the first time. If that isn’t bad enough at times the game’s audio presentation seems blank and muted with nothing but the sounds of Michelangelo’s or Leonardo’s nunchuk’s busting through your sound system. Yeah I know, what a waste.
Headed to the gameplay it doesn’t live up at all. I understand this game was mainly targeted for younger players and family fun but banging enemies with even your new unlocks doesn’t seem very satisfying. Majority of the time I spent with the game was with my kids and even my son said ” I ..kinda think Out Of The Shadows is more exciting, Dad.”Referring to the downloadable Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out Of The Shadows, which was released previously, it doesn’t feel up to par.
When you compare the two, they’re apples and oranges in the vision of TMNT. Action in Out Of The Shadows felt more satisfying than the action of Nickelodeon’s TMNT. My 6 year old daughter did enjoy the game as she said it was easier. This is where I can recommend the game for younger audiences and fans of the series.
Short And Simple….
*This review does not contain an official ADG Short & Simple Video Review either due to time restraints in combination with the release date of the title, technical problems, or if the title wasn’t donated personally by the publisher (This review copy was donated by Activision). However this video is linked and has several playthrough commentary videos (*spoiler warning* with hands on thoughts and impressions. ADG does have the right to decide if or not a review should have an accompanying video review*
- ADG Short And Simple Review – TMNT: Out Of The Shadows (antdagamer.com)
- ADG Short And Simple Review: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Blade Wolf DLC (antdagamer.com)
- ADG Short And Simple Review: Disney Infinity (antdagamer.com)
- ADG Short And Simple Review: Killer Is Dead (antdagamer.com)
- ADG Short And Simple Review – Mutants: Genetic Gladiators (antdagamer.com)
- ADG Short And Simple Review: Capcom 30th Anniversary Character Encyclopedia (antdagamer.com)
- ADG Short And Simple Review: Defiance (antdagamer.com)
- ADG Short And Simple Review: Disney Infinity Toy Story In Space Play Set (antdagamer.com)
- ADG Short And Simple Review: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (antdagamer.com)
- ADG Short And Simple Review: The Last Of Us (antdagamer.com)