Today, Disney Interactive released details of the new Toy Box features in Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition. These new feature sets, I can tell you will make Disney Infinity a bigger gem than it already is. This opinion comes from a father who plays and his kids that are excited to be farming, listening to live music and more.
Below are the new features that give you a glimpse of why Disney Infinity 3.0 is the creative figure and toy collecting game to be playing this year. Unlike its competitors, they have three years of experience in creation tools. They listen to the feedback of the community each year of what the fans want and these Toy Box features show that. I know that LEGO is in the market now, but I don’t believe they will be on the level that Disney Infinity 3.0 will be.
- Toy Box Hub: The Toy Box Hub is an all-new launch area where players’ creativity and imagination take flight. This is where every adventure begins and where players come to play their way. Uncover six gameplay zones – platforming, combat, racing, INteriors, community, and farming – to learn about building and experience playing in the Toy Box all at the same time.
- Flynn’s Arcade: For the competitive Toy Box player, Flynn’s Arcade offers multiplayer with other Disney Infinity 3.0 players any time they want. Using a “lobby style” multiplayer system, fans can now play with anyone online without having to wait for their friends to be online.
- El Capitan: View episodes of Toy Box TV, preview and download the latest and greatest community made Toy Boxes or just hang out in the lobby of this landmark theater. When players are connected online and walk in the theater, they have easy access to lots of new Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition content.
- Sidekicks:Recruit Townspeople Sidekicks to support in combat, unlock exploration modes to help build in the Toy Box, and cultivate crops. Give Townspeople Sidekicks different jobs with customized gear or make them more powerful by boosting their stats with the food and treats they grow.
- Farming: Feed, clothe, and nurture Townspeople Sidekicks, and guide them to plant, care for and harvest crops to eat. The more players feed them, the higher their stats will go, and the more fun they can have — including throwing fun parties in three new party rooms and a Sidekick Suite.
Farming alone will give my daughter loads of content that she always wanted. She would build gardens slowly, pretending they would grow. Now in Disney Infinity 3.0, she doesn’t have to pretend so much. She can grow, then actually feed her sidekicks that have helped her grow them. It’s no doubt in my mind that other kids alongside my daughter have done the same thing and now are very excited with this feature.
For me, the matchmaking is a big deal. It was hard for me to find players to play with on my tight schedule. So with matchmaking finally making an appearance in Disney Infinity 3.0 ‘s Flynn’s Arcade, I want to personally thank Disney Interactive for this one. Thank you, Disney Interactive.
- Path Creator: Create custom, controllable paths in the Toy Box that other toys, objects, friends, enemies and more can travel along. This toy can also be used to create races, side-scrolling games, rail slides and more.
- Toy Dispenser: Step on one of the four colored buttons, each with a different type of toy, and the Toy Dispenser will give a toy to play with. This new feature now allows players to instantly access toys instead of having to unlock them through gameplay.
- Music Note Creator: Players can make their own music by using instruments and toys to play various notes.
My kids always went to the MyInterior space and pretended to have these parties. Parties that now you can actually have with the new party rooms. Add in creating your own music and live music from the Radio Disney Player and you begin to see how big Disney Infinity 3.0 can be without looking at all the new toys.
Now let’s look at some of the new toys.
- Main Street USA Storefronts and buildings: These new pieces give Toy Boxes the official look of Main Street USA with familiar elements such as Main Street Lighting and Turnstyles.
- Elsa’s Ice Palace:Place Queen Elsa’s Ice Castle on the North Mountain in a Toy Box to create a Frozen themed adventure (unlockable in the Toy Box Speedway Expansion Game).
- Marshmallow: Players can now add this new toy to their Toy Box, the fearsome guardian of Elsa’s palace from the movie Frozen (unlockable in the Toy Box Speedway Expansion Game).
- Radio Disney Player (North America Only): Players will enjoy a livestream of all the Radio Disney hits when they connect online and place this toy in their Toy Box.
- New vehicles:Check out other new popular vehicles such as Mad Hatter’s Teacup, Splash Mountain log, TRON Light Cycle, and more.
These are just a few of the Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box features. Without even factoring in all the Play Sets. Disney Infinity 3.0 offers a variety of gameplay for anyone. For the person that wants to create, the person that wants to imagine, the person that wants to race, the person who wants adventure and for anyone wanting to just play. These are just some of the reasons Disney Infinity 3.0 is a must buy.