A few things before we get into this one. I’m late posting this “For The First Time” with Observer System Redux courtesy of as I have had been sick and also my mother fell ill. I normally save that stuff for ADG Insiders but I’m so far behind posts I just decided to do it this way.
This gameplay is questionable as you see in my title, I’m not quite sure what version I’m playing. They claim to give PS4 free upgrades to PS5 but I can’t choose anything as it’s not available to me. If I try to upgrade or update nothing happens. This has been like this from launch and everyone has had this problem on PS4. I reached out to their PR and Bloober Team on social media and nothing from anyone. This game is pretty good still but it sucks that I might not be playing the best option to me and I’m not paying when they already promised the PS5 upgrade for free.
Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy.
The year is 2084.
The future has turned out much darker than anyone could imagine. First, there was the Nanophage. A digital plague that killed thousands upon thousands of those who chose to augment their minds and bodies. Then came the War, leaving both the West and the East decimated and shattered. With no one left to seize power, corporations took over and forged their own crooked empires.
You are a tool of corporate oppression. Feared and despised, you hack into the darkest corners of your suspects’ minds. You creep into their dreams, expose their fears, and extract whatever your investigation may require.
You are an Observer.
- BECOME A NEURAL DETECTIVE — You play as Daniel Lazarski, an elite investigator of the future portrayed by late cyberpunk icon Rutger Hauer. As an Observer, you hack into the minds of suspects to extract clues and evidence. Anything they felt, thought, or remembered can and will be used to solve your case.
- EAT THEIR DREAMS — Using a device known as the Dream Eater, hack into the minds of the dead and dying to relive their final moments, to explore their fears and obsessions. Delve into these twisted neural mazes and search for clues that will help you find the elusive killer. But beware: the deeper you go, the greater the risk of losing your own sanity.
- TAKE IN THE ATMOSPHERE OF 2084 — Enter a world ravaged by war and cyber-plague, where life is cheap and hope is scarce. Where most people will do anything to escape their grim existence. Virtual realities, mind-altering drugs, neural implants – pick your poison and drift away into a blissful oblivion. But remember, no matter how deep you go, you can never hide from an Observer.
- Veteran Observers can dive deeper into this dystopian reality thanks to three brand-new side cases to solve. “Errant Signal”, “Her Fearful Symmetry” and “It Runs in the Family” add another layer of depth to the game’s story while exploring thought-provoking themes of a future that soon might become our present.
- On top of that, System Redux offers expanded gameplay, which includes new game mechanics, new secrets to find, redesigned stealth, additional neural interrogations, and quality-of-life improvements made with the help of the Observer community.
- Newcomers get the chance to experience one of the most thrilling cyberpunk stories in all its next-gen glory: boasting 4K resolution, upgraded textures, new animations, models and effects, and transformed with jaw-dropping Ray-Tracing and HDR lighting.