- PlayStation 4 was #1 in hardware sales for the eighth consecutive month and remains the cumulative leader for next generation game consoles.
- PlayStation led the month for next generation software with Madden NFL 15 for PS4 taking the #1 spot for overall software sales.
- Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition and Madden NFL 15 had their strongest sales on PS4 and were the biggest third party releases of the month.
- The Last of Us Remastered continues to have strong momentum on PS4; it was the top selling first-party title in August.
- For the third consecutive month, PlayStation was #1 in combined home console hardware sales (PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3)