ADG has worked hard gaming in the mythology of Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate for the ADG Short And Simple Review. How does Koei Tecmo’s popular game live up on PlayStation 4? Well, let’s take a look!
The mythology of the OROCHI universe expands with a new main storyline, which brings the heroes together again into the chaos of battle as they are summoned upon by a mysterious stone.
In Warriors Orochi 3 you are facing a demon army and a crazy Hydra that is threatening mankind. You must go back in time with the help of the enchantress Kaguya to change the past and regain enough support to stop this threat.
The gameplay is what you would expect from a Warriors game. WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Ultimate’s chronicle is complemented by side stories offering over 175 scenarios and endings to uncover, including the ability to battle from the point of view of various characters and even “what if” hypothetical stages that exist in a parallel world.
Amazing tie-ins from from Atelier, DYNASTY WARRIORS, NINJA GAIDEN Sigma 2 and SAMURAI WARRIORS brings this game to another level for Koei Tecmo fans.
MULTIPLAYER & COOP
WARRIORS OROCHI 3 ULTIMATE offers the usual local and online cooperative modes. They also expanded the series on PlayStation 4 offering a Multiplayer aspect with Duel Mode. You can play versus a player locally or online with a custom team of 3 that you choose from the massive lineup in the game. You also can take the fight further with Duel cards granting you certain abilities for your chosen team.
The gameplay works pretty good in Duel Mode. I’ve found that characters with long weapons have an advantage in battle from local play. I have not tested the game versus live players on PSN to be able to speak more on this but it is fun.
OTHER COOL NOTABLE INFO
- Available on PS Vita, PS4, PS3, Xbox One
- New and guest characters join the legion of 145 warriors including Sophitia (SOULCALIBUR series), Sterk (Atelier series) and the introduction of three new additions: Nezha, Tamamo and Yinglong.
- Over 50 distinct stages inspired by the recognizable dark, sinister imagery in the Orochi series await the heroes, with cross-over stages melding universes from Atelier, DYNASTY WARRIORS, NINJA GAIDEN Sigma 2 and SAMURAI WARRIORS.
- Gameplay modes in WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Ultimate include network functions for competitive Online and Offline combat with the all-new Gauntlet mode in which players create a party of up to five warriors and engage in missions on an ever-evolving dynamic battlefield.
- Additional returning network modes include 2 player co-op for both Story mode and Free mode.
Short And Simple…
Warriors Fans Won’t Be Disappointed