2K today announced that NBA 2K16, the next iteration of the top-rated and top-selling NBA video game simulation series*, is now available for purchase at retail and online vendors worldwide. Continuing the success of one of the most dominant entertainment franchises over the last decade, NBA 2K16 will introduce the most dynamic and realistic gameplay yet, highlighted by an all-new MyCAREER experience titled ‘Livin’ Da Dream’ written and directed by acclaimed filmmaker Spike Lee.
“NBA 2K16 is our most authentic and ambitious basketball simulation yet,” said Greg Thomas, president of Visual Concepts. “With a title that releases annually, pushing the envelope of what is possible is our defining goal. We’ve included more content in 2K16 than ever before, and have created an experience that not only replicates life on the court, but off it as well.”
NBA 2K16 also released a new video showcasing the music and everything that went behind delivering a musical experience that drives gamers to play at the next level.
- Livin’ Da Dream, A Spike Lee Joint: 2K and the legendary filmmaker Spike Lee closely collaborated to create NBA 2K’s most intense MyCAREER narrative to date, enabling gamers to #BeTheStory like never before;
- Enhanced Gameplay: NBA 2K16’s innovative, new motion engine generates smarter, ultra-realistic movement plus new ball and rim physics, and player collisions, making it the most intense and authentic on-court experience to date;
- Trio of Award-Winning Soundtrack Producers: Featuring 50 dynamic tracks across five playlists and exclusive cuts, DJ Khaled, DJ Mustard and DJ Premier produced 2K’s biggest and most diverse soundtrack ever;
- MyPARK: Players can create a MyPARK street legacy at one of three newly enhanced parks and show off their game to the world in new live-streamed competitive events;
- 2K Pro-Am: Featuring fully customizable teams and 5 vs. 5 tournaments livestreamed on NBA 2KTV, the new 2K Pro-Am mode allows players to join forces with friends to create the perfect squad all the way down to custom logos, uniforms and arenas;
- Modern Legends: NBA 2K16 players can step onto the court with 12 new legendary teams, including some of the most epic squads from the past 15 years such as ’00-’01 Lakers, ’03-’04 Pistons, ’07-’08 Boston Celtics, and ’12-’13 Miami Heat;
- MyNBA2K16: Available for iOS and Android devices, the companion app makes it easy to stay in touch with NBA 2K16 with new features and opportunities to earn Virtual Currency. MyNBA2K16 also includes the collectible NBA 2Kcard game, MyTEAM Mobile, which allows players to collect their favorite NBA player cards to challenge competitors in exhibition games, season tournaments and in-game special events, with more cards, stats and events than ever before.
Developed by Visual Concepts, NBA 2K16 is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB and is now available for PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One and Xbox 360; and Windows PC.