What’s up wrestling fans. In case you didn’t know 2K officially announced WWE 2K19 inclusion of Daniel Bryan in the return to 2K Showcase. I’ve included all the images, b-rolls and videos (a few 2K didn’t post in their blog) alongside the fact sheet, below.
I’m happy about this news and I’ll be talking and posting more about WWE 2K19 very soon.
WWE 2K19 – 2K Showcase
The Return of Daniel Bryan
WHAT IS A 2K SHOWCASE?
- 2K Showcase is a story-driven, single-player campaign mode that traditionally covers a particular era or rivalry of a WWE Superstar
- The mode features historic WWE footage that gives context and backstory to the objective-based matches the user plays through
- Achieving objectives often triggers mid-match cinematic cutscenes that allow the user to recreate historic moments on their way to victory. Completing objectives also unlocks special arenas, Superstars, attires and championship belts.
- The goal of finishing a Showcase is to complete as many objectives as possible to earn all unlockable content, and of course, relive some awesome WWE history along the way!
WHAT PROMPTED THE 2K SHOWCASE RETURN IN THE WWE2K FRANCHISE?
- The first factor in making this decision was listening to the fans
- 2k has received a lot of requests asking us to bring back the mode. Internally, the team also wanted to bring 2K Showcase back because it adds a different gameplay dimension, as players are attempting to recreate historic moments.
- It’s a great way for players to learn about different WWE Superstars and experience matches they may not have witnessed when they originally occurred on WWE programming.
WHY DANIEL BRYAN?
- Daniel Bryan is one of the most popular WWE Superstars in the last decade, with nearly universal support from the WWE Universe.
- His story resonates with everyone, as he worked incredibly hard to get to the top of his craft – only to deal with setbacks that seemingly would keep him from fulfilling his dreams.
- He persevered, fought for what he wanted and is now back doing what he was meant to do.
- His story is both relatable and inspiring for anyone trying to achieve their goals in life.
2K SHOWCASE FACTS
- 15 Daniel Bryan video interview packages, with a combined run time of more than 25 minutes
- 20 story-centric video cutscenes
- 11 historical matches, along with one “surprise” match, for a total of 12 matches
Nine historic arenas, including Velocity and WrestleMania XXX
- 11 different Daniel Bryan character models, with each having unique appearances and move sets
- Eight new entrances and 11 new victory scenes;
- More specifically, Daniel Bryan has four new entrances and six new victory scenes. Team Daniel with Kane as part of “Team Hell No” for a special surprise.