New Free DLC Available for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One with
Story Mode, Characters, Arenas and Voiceovers from Original Cast Members
SAN FRANCISCO – APRIL 30, 2019 – Gamers around the world now have access to new, free downloadable content (DLC) for the recently released Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid, developed by nWay. The content for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Xbox One will introduce several new elements requested by players including a new “story mode” by the acclaimed writer Kyle Higgins, in addition to new characters, battle arenas and voiceovers from original cast members.
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid, developed in partnership with Hasbro, Inc. and global content leader Lionsgate, (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), is the first Power Rangers console game to pit new and classic Rangers and villains from the multiverse’s 25-year history against one another in epic team battles. The game is currently available as a digital download starting at $19.99.
Highlights of the new content include:
Gamers can now play through an epic storyline written and voice directed by writer/director Kyle Higgins (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Shattered Grid, Nightwing, Batman: Gates of Gotham). The mode also features original artwork by Eisner Award-winning illustrator Dan Mora (Go Go Power Rangers, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Klaus). In this new mode, players experience a re-imagining of the critically acclaimed Shattered Grid event from Boom! Studios’ Power Rangers comic book series. When Lord Drakkon, an evil alternate version of Tommy Oliver, sets off a massive campaign across time and space to destroy all Power Rangers, they must band together and fight back, before all of the existence falls to his armies.
New Voiceovers by Original Cast
The new content includes the story and combat voiceovers performed by original Power Rangers cast members, including Jason David Frank (Tommy Oliver), Austin St. John (Jason Lee Scott), David J. Fielding (Zordon), Kerrigan Mahan (Goldar) and Meghan “Strawburry17” Camarena (Kimberly).
Three new characters enter the world of Battle for the Grid:
- Dragon Armor Trini: When the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers were viciously attacked by the Black Dragon, a powerful Zord from another dimension with the capability to warp Ranger powers, they were in for the fight of their lives. After he was defeated, Trini was able to refashion the Zord into a powerful suit of enhanced armor.
- Udonna: Udonna is a powerful sorceress who trains the Mystic Force Power Rangers in the art of magic. As the Mystic Force White Ranger, this accomplished sorceress uses the power of snow to freeze evil.
- Cenozoic Blue Ranger: The Cenozoic Blue Ranger was a loyal and powerful soldier who served with Zordon, the original Red Ranger. Eons after his tragic demise at the hands of the traitorous Green Ranger Rita Repulsa, his Power Coin was found by a teenager named Billy Cranston, who then took on the Blue Ranger mantle.
Four new battle arenas:
- Selectable Arenas: Corinth and Planet Earth: Cenozoic Era
- Non-Selectable Arenas (Story Mode only): Command Center (Malfunctioning) and Lord Drakkon’s Throne Room (Flashback)
*This posting is the official press release from nWay for AntDaGamer publishings*
Get a closer look at these images via my Google Photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/MFeLCMrWiHifgPXJ8