This past week, 2K announced that MyNBA2K14, the free companion application to the latest installment of the highest-rated and top-selling NBA video game simulation series*, NBA® 2K14, is now available for download on iPad®, iPhone®, iPod®, iPod® touch, Android™ and Amazon Kindle devices.
Developed in partnership by Visual Concepts and Cat Daddy Games, MyNBA2K14 gives players access to the latest NBA scores, along with two new game modes – MyGame and MyTeam Mobile – enabling access to further the NBA 2K14 console experience at any time and from any location.
MyGame mode lets players earn Virtual Currency (VC) for their console games while on the go – up to 2000 VC every 24 hours – while enjoying direct and real-time access to leaderboards, MyPLAYER profiles, and win/loss records and stats from MyCAREER. In addition, the new MyTeam Mobile allows players to build a card collection of current and former NBA players and battle other MyTeam competitors.
“MyNBA2K14 adds another layer of depth to the NBA 2K14 experience by keeping fans connected to the game wherever they go,” said Greg Thomas, president of product development for 2K Sports. “The success of last year’s app showed us our fans want an always-on, direct link, and so this year we focused on making the companion app even more robust and feature-rich than before.”
Additional features in MyNBA2K14 include:
- Pick & Win –players earn VC for picking the winners of the next day’s real NBA games;
- VC Draft – provides the chance to earn up to 1500 VC every 24 hours;
- The “2K Ticker” – streams score data directly from the NBA.
- 2K Releases New NBA 2K14 Next Gen Screenshots (antdagamer.com)
- 2K Introduces All-New Eco-Motion Engine For Next Gen NBA 2K14 (antdagamer.com)
- 2K Releases “Locker Codes” Video For NBA 2K14 Featuring Harrison Barnes (antdagamer.com)
- 2K Releases New NBA 2K14 Video Featuring NBA Superstar Kevin Durant (antdagamer.com)